- 400g Good quality Gorgonzola
- 70g Caster Sugar
- 50 g Ginger preserve
- 6 just-ripe Pears, peeled
- 5 ginger Biscuits, crumbled
- 2 cups Dry Red Wine
- 2 Whole Star Anise
- 2 x 7cm Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 cups Port Wine
- 1 Vanilla Bean, split
METHOD: POACHED PEAR
- Combine the wine, sugar, star anise, cinnamon and vanilla bean in a medium saucepan overmedium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Add the pears and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, turning occasionally, for 1 hour or until pears aretender.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer pears to a heatproof bowl. Increase heat to high and
bring the syrup to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until syrup thickensslightly.
- Pour over the pears and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
METHOD: PORT GLAZE
- Place the Port Wine in a saucepan over a medium heat and reduce to a glaze.
- Serve a quarter of a Pear with a Slice of Gorgonzola, Ginger Preserve, Crumbled Ginger Biscuit and Port Glaze.