- Romaine Lettuce
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp anchovy Paste
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable oil such as grape seed
- 1 heaping Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 cloves oven roasted garlic, chopped
- 1 clove raw garlic, germ removed, finely minced
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- White distilled vinegar to taste
- In a food processor, combine anchovy paste, roasted and raw garlic, egg yolks, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and begin to process until combined and smooth.
- Slowly drizzle vegetable oil as to emulsify the sauce.
- Once all the oil is incorporated add lemon juice and cheese. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and white vinegar.
- We prefer our Caesar dressing very thick as to coat the lettuce wholly, but this recipe can be loosened with a few drops of water as needed.
- Chop the hearts of 3-4 Romaine lettuce heads. Season with salt and pepper. Liberally apply dressing and work into each crevice of lettuce.
- Add additional lemon juice and parmesan cheese if desired. Meanwhile liberally brush long slices of baguette with a quality olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil until golden brown and crusty. Rub with a raw garlic clove. Distribute the salad between four bowls and top each with the garlic crouton.