Grilled peaches brings out their flavor, and while they make a great dessert, they’re also perfect as part of a salad…..Elevate your salad topping game!
THE SALAD – Serves 4
- 100g prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 60g soft goat’s milk cheese
- 30ml honey
- 15ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 peaches, pitted, cored, and cut into 6 wedges
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- Salad Greens
- Fresh basil
- Sunflower seeds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper, place prosciutto in the tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Set aside to cool
- In a bowl, toss the peach segments in olive oil, honey, pepper and salt. Heat a grill pan over high heat and grill peach segments for 20 to 30 seconds on each side or until grill marks appear but the flesh is still firm
- Set aside to cool down-roll goat’s milk cheese into small balls and toss in the orange zest.
- Combine salad greens, basil, onion, prosciutto and peach in a salad bowl. Drizzle orange vinaigrette over the salad, and top with cheese balls and toasted sunflower seeds.
- 100ml olive oil
- 5ml wholegrain mustard
- 5ml honey
- Juice of 1 orange
- Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mustard, honey and half the orange juice. Slowly add olive oil in a steady steam while whisking.
- As the mixture thickens, add a little orange juice and then continue adding olive oil until finished.
- Adjust the consistency with orange juice and season with salt and pepper.