- 180gr Halibut
- 500 ml Vegetable stock
- 100 ml water
- 100 gr sugar
- 100 ml white vinegar
- 100 gr Peas
- 20 gr Shitake mushroom
- 10 gr mint
- 3 Baby golden beetroot
- ½ Shallots
- Begin by preparing the pea pure. Heat a pan on the hob and sweat half shallots, when the shallots are golden add peas and vegetable stock and let cook for 5 minutes. Blitz the pea with 10 gr of mint.
- Prepare the pickle liquid with the same amount of water, sugar and white vinegar.
- Blanch for 3 minutes shitake mushroom and soak in the pickle liquid
- Blanch the baby golden beetroot and roast with butter until golden brown colour
- Fry the halibut in a pan for 4 minutes, or until golden brown on the serving side. Turn the fillets over, add a knob of butter to the pan and cook for another minute or so, or until they reach an internal temperature of 42°C. Season the fillets and finish with lemon juice.
- To serve spread pea pure over the plate and place the halibut fillets on top, on the side place pickle shitake mushroom and roasted beetroot.
- Garnish with basil cress, shaved purple carrots and a drizzle of olive oil.