Serve with basmati rice or roti and a cold raita.
- 1 kg queen prawns flesh deveined, tail on
- 4 large fresh tomatoes blended
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons masala
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Glug of olive oil
- One large onion
- Sprig of fresh curry leaves
- Bring pot to medium heat, roast the cumin, remove and crush in a mortar and pestle.
- Add oil to the pot and fry onion and curry leaves. Once onion starts to brown, add cumin, masala and garlic, stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add blended tomatoes, salt and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook on medium heat for about 1/2 hour. Add chopped coriander.
Enjoy with white wine or a cold beer.