Made by: Samson Sibanda, Head Chef at Ngoma Safari Lodge in Botswana.
- 200g fresh beef fillet, roughly 8cm long
- 2 tspn mustard
- 1 cup of crushed black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup chopped thyme
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the mustard, thyme, salt and pepper in a bowl
- Place the fillet in the mixture for 4 hours
- On a flat hot grill place your fillet for than 30 seconds making sure the fillet is rare.
- Wrap the fillet in a plastic wrap & chill in the freezer for approximately 1 hour.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a serving plate and slice the carpaccio very thinly and put it neatly on top of the lettuce bed.
- Garnish with leeks (deep fried) and drizzle with some basil pesto and or balsamic reduction sauce