Made By: Samson Sibanda, Head Chef at Ngoma Safari Lodge in Botswana
- 1KG Beetroot (peeled)
- 100g butter
- 2tbspn brown sugar
- 1tbspn salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cream
- Heat a medium sized pot, place the butter inside, when butter is melted add beetroot
- Add sugar & salt and cook until the beetroot has slightly caramelized
- Add water and honey, cook on a low heat until beetroot is soft.
- Once the beetroot is soft, blend until smooth, while it is still hot.
- Pour back into the pot, add cream and allow to simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream