So, the Holidays are around the corner and off course there is much to celebrate. It’s time to Get Your life and celebrate with something different.
While we all have our favourites, it seems not everyone has the same problem. In fact, every year there are cocktails that enter the drinks scene — and ones that disappear. So lets say goodbye to the Pina Coladas and embrace cocktails of the world.
- Old Fashioned. This trusty, refined drink which is forever popular indicates its revival is far from over. It’s usually made with a sugar cube and Angostura bitters, crushed, and stirred with a large ice cube and bourbonTop of Form
- Caipirinha. 2016 was marked by the Rio Olympics, which gave the world an excuse to enjoy this Brazilian drink.It’s best enjoyed with lots of cachaça, sugar, and lime, muddled in a strong glass.
- Gin Fizz. A simple drink made with gin, lime or lemon, sugar, and soda, it remains a classic.
- Aperol Spritz. This refreshing Italian aperitivo is perfect for hot weather. It’s made with prosecco or white wine, Aperol, and soda.
- Zombie. Drinks International call this “the drink of the living dead.” To make it, pour a whole bunch of rum into a large glass along with apricot brandy, lime, and pineapple juice. Finish with a sprig of mint.
- Penicillin. Don’t mind the name — this drink which uses blended scotch, lime juice, honey-ginger syrup, and whisky, garnished with candied ginger, is actually pretty delicious.
- Pisco Sour. Made popular in San Francisco in the 1930s and New York in the 60s, this Peruvian cocktail is made with pisco, simple syrup, lime juice, egg white, and Angostura bitters.
- Espresso Martini. Whether it’s to wake you up or satisfy your sweet tooth after a meal, the after-dinner cocktail is made with espresso coffee, vodka, and coffee liqueur, served in a martini glass with a coffee bean or two on top.
- Dark ‘N’ Stormy. The most popular cocktail in Bermuda. Made with rum, ginger beer, and a bit of lime, its bound to delight – island style.
- Mojito. The Cuban classic is still an all time favourite. It’s made with rum, lime juice, soda, brown cane sugar, fresh mint, and ice.
- Moscow Mule. This is a new revelation in terms of Vodka. It’s served in a copper mug filled with vodka, lime, ginger, and soda.
From My Heart to Yours
Cheers to Cocktails!!!