& Confit Leg Spring Roll with Plum Puree & Sesame Seeds.
Serving suggestion: with sliced fresh plum and toasted sesame seeds
Creedy Carver duck breast
- 4 x Creedy Carver duck breasts
- Score lines into the fat on the duck very thinly together. Trim sinew
- Warm a frying pan with no oil
- Season duck with salt and pepper
- Place duck fat side down in the pan and cook slowly to render the fat on the duck gradually so it doesn’t colour too quickly
- When the duck is nicely coloured, turn over in pan, take off the heat and leave for 3 and a half minutes
- Take out of the pan and leave to rest for 5 minutes
- Cut and serve
Vegetables to accompany duck
- 2 x pak choi
- 1 large carrot
- 1 x mouli
- 1 x plum
- Chop pak choi roots to free leaves
- Julienne carrots
- Thinly slice mouli
- Slice the plum
- Poach all vegetables in seasoned butter water, then serve
Duck spring rolls
- 6 duck legs (celery salted overnight)
- 2tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp stem ginger syrup
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 x egg
- 4 x spring roll pastry sheets
- Wash the duck legs, pat dry. Place the legs in a deep oven tray and cover with vegetable oil. Confit at 150 degrees for 5 hours
- After 5 hours the meat should come off the bones. Take the meat out of the oil, let the excess oil from the meat drain and then cover the tray with the cling-film. Set aside to cool down, then you can start picking the meat off.
- Add all the ingredients apart from the egg together in a large bowl. If the mixture is too dry add a bit of confit oil to moisten it.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg. Peel off one pastry sheet and cut in half. Place a spoonful of the duck mixture onto the pastry, brush with the egg mixture, fold and roll.
- Deep fry at 170 degrees for three minutes until golden brown.
- 10 fresh plums, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 100g demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- Place all ingredients into pan and slowly cook down until the liquid reduces
- Blitz in the blender until smooth and thick. Let it cool down then put in the piping bag ready to use.
Toasted sesame seeds
- 50-100g black and white sesame seeds
- Grill seeds until lightly toasted
- Sprinkle over dish