Made by Chef Lauren Lentz
- 650g of mango purée / tinned blended
- 100g of concentrated passion fruit purée/ tin
- 200g of sugar
- 30g of glucose
- 140g of water
- 250g of cream cheese
- 250g of double cream
- 90g of icing sugar
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- Crunchie biscuits, chopped roughly
Ingredients Passion fruit curd:
- 50g butter
- 150g castor sugar
- 3 lemons , juiced
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- pulp of 2 passion fruits
Ingredients Mango and passion fruit:
- Start with the sorbet, as this will need time to freeze.
- Add the sugar, glucose and water to a pan and bring to a boil over a medium heat. Allow to cool, then add in both purées, mix to combine then pass through a sieve to ensure it is smooth.
- Churn the mix in an ice cream machine until done, then reserve in the freezer
- To make the cheesecake mixture, beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla seeds (scraped from the pod).
- Add in the cream and whip until stiff.
- Transfer to a large piping bag and reserve in the fridge until ready to serve
- For the Curd, melt butter.
- Add sugar, whisk in eggs and yolk.
- Lastly whisk in lemon juice.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Once cooked stir in the passion fruit. Allow to cool completely.
- Make a simple compote by mixing together the fresh diced mango and passion fruit seeds in a bowl, then chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To serve, pipe two large mounds of the cheesecake mixture onto each serving plate. Scatter over some of the crumble and dot around spoonfuls of the passion fruit curd. Spoon over some of the fresh mango and passion fruit, then finish with a quenelle of the sorbet