Made By Head Chef Aitor Jeronimo Orive from Iggy’s Restaurant Singapore.
- 800ml Shellfish stock
- 400g Bomba Rice
- 100g Butter
- 50g Carrot
- 50g Daikon
- 50g Fresh squid
- 0’2g Saffron (a pinch)
- 10g Concentrated tomato paste
- 4 Medium size Carabineros
Ingredients Fish Stock:
- 1 leek
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 Kg shellfish and fish bones
- 10g olive oil
Method Fish Stock:
- Dice vegetables, sweat with olive oil until transparent
Roast fish bones and shellfish shells in a tray in the oven; add to the vegetables in a pot.
- Cover with water; simmer for 45 mins to an hour
Carabinero Butter Ingredients:
- 100g shells and carabinero heads
- 100g of unsalted butter
Method Carabinero Butter:
- Melt butter; add carabinero heads and shells, simmer for 1 hour, strain. Chill and reserve butter for later.
Carabinero Carpaccio Ingredients:
- 4 Carabineros
- Glad wrap
- Peal carabineros; keep the heads and the rest of the shells for making the butter.
- Clean prawns thoroughly; take off the veins, once clean place the carabineros meat between two sheets of cling film and pound until flat, place on tray and freeze.
- Once frozen cut into desired shape, quickly so it won’t defrost, save for later.
- Cut squid and vegetable into small cubes, sauté until golden brown, add the stock tomato puree and saffron.
- When boiling add the rice turn to medium heat and cook for 15-20 mins, when rice is almost dry add the carabinero butter and emulsify into the rice off the stove, season it with salt.
- Place rice on plate and while still hot put the carabinero Carpaccio straight from the freezer to the plate, season with some olive oil and Maldon salt to finish.