with pickled red onions green chili yoghurt
Made By Chef Kevin Cherkus From Cuca Restaurant
Ingredients Onion ring Batter (wet mix)
- 300g Flour
- 10g Baking powder
- 15g Salt
Ingredients Onion ring Batter (dry mix)
- 2pc Egg
- 600g Fresh Milk
Method For wet mix
1. Beat eggs. Strain. Mix well the milk and eggs.
Method For dry mix
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add (wet mix) to (dry mix) and mix for 10 seconds softly.
- Store in chiller 1hour only can use.
- 500g Bread crumbs
- 500g White sesame seeds
- 500g Coconut flakes
- Mix bread crumbs, white sesame and coconut flakes together.
- To bread place dry onions first in plain flour, then batter, then rack to drip, then breading.
- Fry at 180c for 3 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Ingredients Green Chili Yoghurt
- 600g Hung Yoghurt
- 100g Yoghurt Water
- 100g Lime juice
- 50g Honey
- 6g Garlic
- 6g Salt
- 100g Green Chili (no seeds)
Method Green Chili Yoghurt
- In blender mix garlic, salt, chili, leche de tigre, honey and yoghurt water for 2 minute on high speed.
- Strain through fine strainer and add liquid to yoghurt.
- Store in large squeeze bottle until needed and use big bottle to fill small bottle.
Ingredients Pickled Red Onions Pickling liquid
- 1kg Water
- 500g White wine vinegar
- 30g Salt
- 250g Simple Syrup
Ingredients Red Onions
- 1kg Red Onions – sliced
Method Pickled Red Onions Pickling liquid
- Slice red onion 1 cm thick and separate into rings of all sizes.
- Place in cold liquid for 3 days to pickle.