400ml Coconut milk
100ml Good quality fish stock
1 tbs of Red Curry Paste
1 pcs Lemongrass
2 pcs Kaffir lime leave
1 Bunch of fresh basil
1 tsp Chopped ginger
2 pcs Red hot chilies
1 tbs Cuttlefish ink
1 tsp Ground chilly flakes
4 Swordfish fillets (each apx 200g)
Pinch of rock salt
1. Pour some olive oil into the pan, add all the herbs & spices and sauté them for few minutes, until all the flavors start to mix.
2. Add fish stock, squid ink and coconut milk and let it simmer for 15-20 min until you get beautiful fragrant semi thick sauce.
3. Pat dry swordfish fillets. Drizzle with olive oil and season lightly with rock salt and chilly flakes.
4. Preheat non stick pan to a high heat and add a few drops of olive oil. When the olive oil starts to smoke add seasoned swordfish fillets to pan and lower heat to medium high.
5. Cook swordfish on one side for 2-3 min, flip and cook for another 2 min.
6. Remove from the pan and put on the side to rest.
7. Add black curry sauce on the plate, put fillets on the top, grate some lime peel on the fillets and squeeze lime juice on top of the fish.