Matcha the green tea that has been popular in Japan for centuries has become the latest fad of foodies, hipsters and the health conscious. We tried some on a recent trip abroad and loved that just one cup left us relaxed and alert minus the jitters that normally comes with coffee!
Matcha has become so popular that in New York you can find bars dedicated to serving the green brew. Like with coffee you can enjoy it either hot or cold, just minus the caffeine buzz. These green tea leaves come primarily from the Kyoto region in Japan.
FUEL YOUR HUSTLE:
1. The first benefit of Matcha green tea is that it contains the nutritional value of 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea.
2. Matcha is filled with 137 times the added antioxidants than usual green tea.
3. Enhances your metabolism and burns calories fast
4. Relaxes the mind and body
5. Loaded in fibre chlorophyll and vitamins
6. Boosts your mood and helps with concentration
7. Contain Vitamins C Selenium , chromium and magnesium
8. Prevent Disease
9. Decrease cholesterol and blood sugar
Did you know
This anti-oxidant power house has twenty times more anti-oxidants than pomegranates. (As revealed in a recent study known as ORAC (Oxygen radical absorbance capacity by experts at Tufts University, Massachusetts)
The Magic of Matcha is a great addition to your weight loss programme as it enhances your metabolism and burns fat and calories up to 4 times without increasing your blood pressure or heart rate.
*The tea powder is available at health stores or at a ‘Tea Merchant’ near you to prepare:
Matcha green tea:
1. Warm up spring or filtered water
2. Add a small amount of hot water to matcha powder and blend into paste with a spoon
3. Add more hot water to paste mixture and stir. Try 1 teaspoon to 180mls of water, alter measurement to suit taste
4. Your Matcha tea is ready to enjoy. Add some ice cubes for a ice version
When in New York try out the Matcha Bar nyc – Brooklyn