Preparation time: 40mins
Cooking time: N/A
Special equipment: deep fryer
Planning ahead: N/A
6x 70g smoked Franschoek salmon trout
100g carrots julienne
100g-baby marrow julienne
100g asparagus julienne
20g chopped coriander
25ml white wine vinegar
5ml Dijon mustard
75ml canola oil
1. Cook the asparagus in boiling till tender and refresh in ice water.
2. Combine all the vegetables and add coriander.
3. Add a small amount of dressing
1. Combine oil, water, and vinegar. Add a little salt for seasoning
Spring roll crisp Ingredients:
1 sheet spring roll pastry
1. Heat the fryer to 160°c
2. Fry the cut spring roll pastry till golden brown
3. Place on paper towel to drain the excess oil
Lemongrass mayonnaise Ingredients:
1 egg yolk
10ml white wine vinegar
300ml canola oil
50g fresh lemon grass
Zest of one lime
10ml lime juice
1. Heat the oil up with the crushed lemongrass in to infuse the flavour.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cool strain the lemongrass out of the oil.
3. In a blender add the 1 egg yolk and white wine vinegar, slowly add the oil until it starts to thicken.
4. Add the zest and season with a little salt and a little juice of the lime. 5ml keta caviar
1. Drizzle the mayonnaise around the plate then layer the salmon and the salad.
2. Finish the top layer off with the salad.
3. Carefully place the crisp on top and place a little of the caviar around the plate.
4. Serve immediately