80g cake flour
10g corn flour
75g unsalted butter
6 egg yolks
100g grated parmesan and cheddar
200g egg whites
10g chives, chopped
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Spray, butter and line the ramekins with bread crumbs.
2. In a saucepan melt butter, add both flours and salt. Slowly add the milk and stir with a whisk so that no lumps form, this is your basic béchamel sauce.
3. When mixture is thick, add the cheese and the egg yolks. Mix together until cheese is melted.
4. Whip up the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold this into the white sauce.
5. Pour into the ramekins until half full and bake at 150°C for 20 to 30 minutes au Bain Marie. Turn the oven down to 130°C for a further 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
6. Reheat for 10 minutes when ready to serve.