Preparation time: 40mins
Cooking time: 1hour 30min
Special equipment: terracotta flowerpots 10cm in diameter, 7cm deep
Planning ahead: N/A
20g fresh yeast
300ml Luke warm water
1. Dissolve the honey and yeast into the water, and leave to stand for a few minutes
2. Mix the yeast mixture with the flour and salt and knead to form a dough.
3. Cover with a damp cloth and prove in a warm place until double its size.
4. Knock down the dough.
5. Grease six terracotta flowerpots with butter and dust with cake flour.
6. Proving again in the pots for about 20 minutes and then baking in a preheated oven at 180°c for about 30 minutes.
Seafood mix Ingredients:
50ml olive oil
800g fresh line fish cubed into bite size pieces
500g calamari tubes cut into rings
12 large tiger prawn meat
1 large green pepper diced
1 large onion sliced
100g spinach leaves
1. In a sauce pan fry off the onion and green pepper till tender, add in the prawns, line fish and calamari and cook till almost cooked.
3. In a separate pot steam the mussels in a little water till open and remove 18 from their shells.
3. Discard any mussels that do not open.
Curry sauce Ingredients:
75ml olive oil
3 large onions, finely chopped
5ml crushed coriander seeds
5ml garam masala
5ml mild curry powder
3 fresh chillies
1kg ripe tomatoes
1/2 x 410g coconut milk
1. In a large saucepan, sweat off the onions till tender.
2. Then add the garlic, chilli and spices and fry for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and the water and cook at a moderate heat for a further 30 minutes.
4. Stir in the coconut milk and then blend the sauce until smooth.
30g finely chopped red onion
50g cucumber fleshy centre removed and diced
100g tomatoes diced no seeds
5ml white wine vinegar
10ml canola oil
10ml finely chopped coriander
1. Combine all ingredients, adding fresh chopped coriander just before serving
1. Add the seafood mix to the curry sauce and finish cooking the seafood mix in the sauce. Add the spinach and remove from heat.
2. Cut a lid off the bread and hollow out. Spoon in the curry and add two of the remaining mussels in their shell on the top for garnish and balance the lid back on.
Serve with a tomato salsa and cucumber riata
You can use individual oven dishes if you cannot find terracotta pots. Can use chicken instead of seafood