40g Caster Sugar
2 gelatin leaves
1 vanilla pods, split
500ml rose wine
100g stock syrup (1:1 sugar to water)
1. Combine the juice of the lemon with the stock syrup and bring to the boil, remove from the heat and allow it to cool. Slice 6 strawberries to a thickness of 2mm and immerse in the acidulated syrup. 2. Remove from the syrup and place the strawberries on a silicone oven matt and dry in an oven on 90°C for 2 hours- or until dry.
3. Combine the cream, caster sugar and vanilla in a pot and bring to 60°C.
4. Remove from the heat add the soaked gelatin leaves and allow the vanilla to infuse for 10-15 minutes.
5. Strain and chill until it is as thick as yoghurt, while stirring regularly. Pour the almost set mixture into espresso cups and set in the fridge until needed.
6. Cut 24 strawberries in half and reserve. Mix rose and sugar well until dissolved, bring this to around 50°C and immerse the strawberries in it, do not overcook the berries as they take on a pale colour. 7. Leave this to cool in the fridge.
Rooibos Jelly Ingredients:
4 rooibos tea bags
Juice of 2 lemons
Sugar to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan besides the agar-agar and bring to the boil.
2. Remove the tea bags Add the agar-agar until properly dissolved. Allow to set in the fridge and cut to desired size.