2 large Aubergine/ brinjals
2 cups sunflower seeds
1 cup chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic
2 cups chopped parsley
2 tsp Himalayan salt
2 tsp coriander powder
4 tsp cumin
4 tsp medium masala
1 cup gram flour(chick pea flour)
1 tsp grated ginger
1. Grill the sunflower seeds on a baking tray just until they just start to change colour.
2. Cook the brinjals in a 180 degrees oven till the skin begins to wrinkle,
about 30 mins.
3. Let brinjals cool and then chop into small pieces.
4. Blend all the ingredients together in a S blade blender so that they bind together.
5. Take out the mixture and form burger patties.
6. Fry in a little coconut oil till the outside is crispy.
Serve on a bed of spiralled zucchini,shredded spinach,chopped celery. On top of the burger put a dollop of hummus,some salsa and some sprouts and some chopped avo.
Alternative to a bun is a big portobello mushroom cooked in the oven for 10 mins with garlic and olive oil.