The City of Durban is an elegant, mature and ambitious city and is fast becoming both an international and domestic destination of choice. The Durban Experience includes a warm African flavor that will touch your heart and soul wherever you visit. Whether its adventure or tranquility you’re after the city has it all. From nightlife to exotic cuisine or just sun-filled days of complete relaxation at the beautiful beaches and hotels – the choices are endless.
Durban offers the best of all worlds, a laid back lifestyle combined with a selection of choices for your leisure pleasure. The warm Indian Ocean offers the perfect playground in which to relax and cool off after a day of world class shopping. As with so many cities these days, the fine dining bug has bitten and Durban has its fair share of stunning locales, and the list just keeps growing.
But the most important thing about the beautiful city of Durban is its warm people. The charming melting pot of communities makes for an array of rainbow smiles. With such a colourful and charming basket of goodies to offer, it is no wonder that the city has achieved a myriad of international acknowledgements.
International Accolades 2014:
1. One of the world’s top 10 most underrated cities – CNN
2. Durban’s Umhlanga Pier most beautiful pier in the world – CNN
3. Rated the coolest city in South Africa – CNN
4. Recognised as South Africa’s friendliest city – by the globally influential Roper City Brand Index
5. Nominated as a New 7 Wonders City of the World
6. The Master Card Global Destination City Index has predicted Durban with its important and busy seaport, will be this years fastest growing city in Africa and would be the second fastest growing tourism World
7. The African Business Review stated: Durban becomes South Africa Brightest Beacon. One citys recent growth exemplifies the development and regeneration occurring across the entire. African Continent – there seems to be a new
2015… so Far…
8. New York Times names Durban a must visit City in 2015. The City of Durban made number 07 on the list of 52 cities. The prestigious newspaper offered this description: “Untrammeled oases beckon, once-avoided destinations become must-sees and familiar cities offer new reasons to visit.”
Born and bred in Durban, nothing makes me more proud than to see my beloved city up in lights, for all the right reasons. And for any that havent visited out sunny shores yet, NOW sounds like the perfect time to get in on the action.