Ladies who Lunch
1 portion of your favourite savoury pastry recipe
1 tin black cherries or
1 cup of fresh cherries destalked and pips remove
1 brie cheese
1 chevin goats cheese
1 red onion
finally chopped Crushed fresh garlic to taste
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup grated parmesan
Half a cup of cream
1 table spoon smoked paprika
1. Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees c.
2. Line mini tart tins or one large tart tin with your savoury pastry.
3. In a heave based sauce pan fry your onions in butter with your crushed garlic.
4. fry until soft. Add your black cherries and keep frying for a further few minutes.
5. Season your mix with paprika and portion into your mini quiche bases or spoon the whole mix into your large tart base.
6. Mix your cream and egg together and our over the whole mix.
7. Sprinkle over your grated parmesan cheese and place in the oven for 25 minutes if the tarts are little or 35 minutes for a large tart.
8. Finish by sprinkling crumbled chevin over the whole tart. At the restaurant we finish this dish with balsamic caramel.